Toxic BPA found in food can liners purchased from dollar stores
The Campaign for Healthier Solutions and our partners have released a new report in which nearly 200 food cans were tested for the toxic chemical Bisphenol A (BPA), and we found that two out of three cans tested have the chemical in their lining. Nearly 75% of all cans purchased from discount retailers Dollar Tree, Dollar General, 99 Cents Only and Family Dollar were found to contain BPA in their can lining. BPA is an endocrine-disrupting chemicals that negatively impacts our hormonal systems. Evidence suggests that BPA may contribute to many harmful health effects, including breast and prostate cancer, infertility, type-2 diabetes, obesity, asthma and attention deficit disorder.
Eric Whalen, (971) 998-8786, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Take Action: Tell the dollar stores to get BPA out of their food cans, and toxic chemicals out of their products!
- Read the Campaign for Healthier Solutions Press Release.
- Read the joint Press Release in English or Spanish.
- Read the Report Executive Summary in English or Spanish.
- Read the full Report.
We need your help!
Help us get the word out! Here are some ways you can share on social media:
- Wow. ALL lab tested @DollarGeneral @DollarTree @myFamilyDollar and @99Only bean and tomato cans had toxic #BPA bit.ly/25vfzRZ
- Is toxic #BPA in your food? Find out which food brands tested positive: bit.ly/25vfzRZ #ToxicFoodCans (Attach Photo)
- Does your canned food can contain toxic #BPA? New report has answers: bit.ly/25vfzRZ #BPA #ToxicFoodCans (attach photo)
- New report finds toxic #BPA lurking in 67% of food cans tested: bit.ly/25vfzRZ #ToxicFoodCans (attach photo)
- Facebook (don't forget to select your targets after pasting the text)
- ALL lab tested @DollarGeneral @DollarTree @myFamilyDollar and @99CentsOnly bean and tomato cans had toxic #BPA See the results at bit.ly/25vfzRZ
- Is there toxic #BPA in your kitchen? Find out which brands and retailers have toxic BPA in food cans bit.ly/25vfzRZ #ToxicFoodCans #NonToxicDollarStores
- Does your canned food can contain toxic #BPA? New report has the answers:bit.ly/25vfzRZ #BPA #ToxicFoodCans #NonToxicDollarStores
- New report finds #BPA in 67% of food cans tested. Find out if this toxic chemical is lurking in your food: bit.ly/25vfzRZ #ToxicFoodCans #NonToxicDollarStores
- Or, write your own message!
- Be sure to #ToxicFoodCans (and #NonToxicDollarStores or #BPA if you have room)
- Include some targets if you can - like:
- Twitter - @DollarTree @DollarGeneral @MyFamilyDollar @99Only
- Facebook - @dollartree @dollargeneral @familydollar @99CentsOnly
- Use the attached photos!
- Here's our URL: bit.ly/25vfzRZ
- and here are some great articles you can link to:
- Photos for social media posts:
- Share these infographics!